- Dante is a combination of software, hardware, and network protocols that deliver uncompressed, multi-channel, low-latency digital audio over a standard Ethernet network using Layer 3 IP packets.
- Dante Ethernet Extension—Extends 10/100Base-TX Ethernet over 3,300 feet (1005 meters) using 2-wire, 18-26-AWG twisted-pair, Cat 3, Cat 5e/6/7, or coaxial cable.
- Delivers PoE—PowerPlus technology powers up both the remote CopperLink extender and the Dante PoE enabled device connected to it. No power is required at the remote location.
- Transparent LAN Bridging—Will pass higher layer AES67/TSN/AVB protocols and all audio/video compression schemes.
- Plug and Play—Modems need no configuration to operate, Ethernet ports are auto-sensing 10/100, full or half-duplex.
- Overvoltage Protection—Overvoltage protection on Line and Ethernet ports prevents damage from ESD (electrostatic discharge), CDE (cable discharge events), and lightning.
- Made in the USA—This Patton equipment is designed by Patton engineers and built in our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility. Patton’s American-made manufacturing process delivers high-quality networking solutions with reliability you can trust.
Demand for IP/Ethernet-connected devices in the Audio Video space is growing rapidly. Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) in particular—has grown in popularity because it strikes the perfect blend of speed, cost, and ease of use.
Ethernet, however, presents a few drawbacks that may overshadow the benefits by creating escalating infrastructure costs and system downtime. The Ethernet standard specifies a distance limitation of 328 ft (100 m), which restricts location options for device installation. Standard Ethernet also requires Cat 5 cabling or better, which often leads to installing new cabling infrastructure—involving tearing into walls, ceilings, pavement, and worse.
The CopperLink 1151E kit from Patton enables Ethernet connectivity of your Dante enabled devices over previously installed copper infrastructure, such as existing speaker, alarm cables even CCTV coaxial cable.
Instantaneously install your 10/100BaseTX Dante enabled speakers, I/O converters and more—with no additional overhead cost. With the extended reach the CL1151E kit provides, you can install your IP Audio Video and teleconferencing equipment exactly where you want it!